BVN is an abbreviation for Bank Verification Number. It is an 11 digit number which acts as your universal ID in all commercial banks in Nigeria. BVN was introduced within the banking industry by the Central Bank of Nigeria to restrict illegal banking.
The BVN is normally given by your bank after they have captured your fingerprint and other necessary informations. They give to you so you can also use it in other banks or any other thing that requires you to use it. In this post, I will be sharing with you quick information on how to check your BVN via SMS and online but before we go into that, let us know why we need BVN.
Why Do I Need BVN?
- Security: BVN ensures that your account is protected from intruders or unauthorized user.
- Ease Tracking: BVN helps in tracking all your transactions in any bank.
How Do I Check My BVN?
If you have forgotten your BVN and you urgently need it, you don’t need to go to the bank to get it, you can check it directly with your mobile phone.
To check your BVN, simply dial *565*0#. By dialing the aforementioned code on your device, Your BVN will appear on your mobile screen and you will be charged small amount of money.
How Do I Check My BVN on GTBANK
This apply for only GTBank customers. follow the steps below:
- Dial *737*6*1# on your mobile phone
- Follow the given instructions on your phone screen
How Do I Check My BVN Online?
To get your BVN online follow the step below:
- Download your Bank mobile app, login and click on the menu bar you will see your BVN displayed on it.