Infinix Hot 8 was launched in September 4th 2019 to the Hot series and successor to Infinix Hot 7. The Hot 8 comes with an improved features in camera and battery capacity. It is available in two different colours such as quetzal cyan and cosmic purple. In this article we will be looking at the full specification of Infinix Hot 8 which will help you make decision in your purchase.
Infinix Hot 8 Key Specs and Features
- 6-inch IPS infinity-V Display, 720 x 1600 pixels (~269 ppi density), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Android 9.0 (Pie), XOS 5.0
- Octa-core Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 (12 nm), 2GB/3GB RAM
- Octa-core Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm), 4 GB RAM
- 32GB Storage (with 2GB/3GB RAM), 64GB storage (with 4GB RAM)
- 13MP + 2MP + QVGA Triple Rear Camera
- 8MP Selfie Snapper
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear)
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
The Infinix Hot 8 houses three rear camera at the back, the main 13MP is designed for wide range image capturing and the second 2MP sensor is designed for a better depth capturing. The third sensor which is the QVGA camera is designed for bettering captures in low light. To better the prospects of the rear camera, we have a quad-LED camera setup in there.
In the front, it comes with a single 12MP selfie camera. You will be happy to know that the selfie camera comes with a LED flash of its own, so it will do well in some low light situations too.
Design and Display
Infinix Hot 8 comes with a glass front and glass back design. It spots a 6.6-inch HD+ screen with a 20:9 aspect ratio which makes it a good device for multimedia purpose. At the back it houses a horizontal placed triple camera and a LED flash attached to it. A fingerprint scanner is also placed beside the triple camera. The Hot 8 comes in two different colours such as quetzal cyan and cosmic purple.
Hardware and Software
The Infinix Hot 8 comes in two different types of chipset configuration, 2GB RAM + 32GB ROM storage and 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM storage. The 2GB RAM + 32GB ROM storage comes with a Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 (12 nm) chipset while the 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM comes with Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm) chipset.
However, both has the same operational capacity but the first one has a quad-core (4) chipset while the second has an octa-core (8) chipset.
The both also runs Android 9 Pie operating system and XOS 5.0 user interface paired with the PowerVR GE8320 GPU in the chipset, so it doesn’t matter the one you pick.
Connectivity and Battery
The Infinix Hot 8 supports 4G LTE and with a microUSB port. It also supports dual Nano-SIM.
The device is powered with a massive non-removable 5000mAh battery which promises to last long when fully charged.
Infinix Hot 8 Price in Nigeria
The infinx Hot 8 price in Nigeria starts from 53,000 Naira. Although the price varies depending on the location you are or the outlet.
Infinix Hot 8 Full Specifications
The following below are the full specification of Infinix HOT 8:
- Technology: GSM/HSPA/LTE
- Announced: 2019, September 04
- Status: Available. Released 2019, September
- Dimensions: 165 x 76.3 x 8.7 mm (6.50 x 3.00 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 179 g (6.31 oz)
- Design: Glass front, glass back
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.52 inches, 102.6 cm2 (~81.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie), XOS 5.0
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 (12 nm) – 32/2 GB
Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm) – 64/4 GB
- CPU: Quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Card Slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Internal: 32GB 2GB RAM, 64GB 4GB
- Triple: 13 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.12µm, PDAF
2 MP, (depth)
QVGA (Low light sensor)
- Features: Quad-LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Single: 8 MP, f/2.0, 25mm (wide)
- Features: LED flash
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Dirac Surround Sound
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- Radio: FM radio
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Colors: Quetzal Cyan, Cosmic Purple, Shark Grey, Midnight Black
- Models: X650C, X650B, X650, X650D