Calculator is a very vital app in Windows 10 Os. We can use it for our day to day calculation activity such as calculating our profit and loss in our business or calculating the total price of goods bought by a customer, we can also use it for our educational purposes. It can be extended to a scientific calculator for solving mathematical problems, and that is one of the useful features that makes it more important.
Calculator not working on Windows 10
Reports have showed that many users often complain that calculator in their Windows 10 do not work. Some reports that it opens but it freezes or crashes. This may be caused by the following:
Causes of the problem
· Faulty or missing files in the system.
· Windows update might have crashed the app
· Sometimes problems with the login account
How to Fix Corrupted Calculator App in Windows 10
1. When you are facing this issue of calculator not working, the first thing you have to do is update your windows and restart your system.
2. You can also run SFC scan or DISM scan. Some of the problems may be caused by some missing or corrupted files in your windows, so running this scans will enable you locate those files and replace them if necessary.
3. Login into your computer with another account, it can be corrected by also logging into different accounts on the system. Click the link to see how to create new user account.
4. If the aforementioned solutions did not work, you can try resetting or reinstalling your calculator app.
Steps to reset/re-install your calculator app
· Click the Start button located at the bottom left corner of your desktop, under apps select Apps & features.
· Locate the calculator app in the list of apps and click on it to expand the apps option and select the Advanced options.
· Locate the Reset button and click on it to reset the app and revert to the default settings. You can also click on the uninstall button to uninstall the app, then visit Microsoft store to re-install it.
- Hope this article was helpful?