Sharing your computer with somebody else has been a strain of privacy issues or perhaps kind of uncomfortable because you do not want other users to have unauthorized access to your documents and other files. An easy way of solving this is by creating different accounts for other users to use; and this is a good way of cybersecurity practice.
Instructions provided in this guide only apply to PCs running Windows 10.
How to create a new user on windows 10
- Select the Windows Start menu icon, located in the bottom left corner of the screen, then select the gear icon to open the settings.
- Method 1: Type “settings” into the search bar, located in the bottom left corner of the screen, then press Enter. In the search results that appear, select Settings.
2. Select Accounts> Your Accounts, email, sync, work, family.
3. Go to Family & other people
4. Ensure other people is selected; Then click on Add someone else to this PC.
5. A dialogue box will appear, prompting you to input the new users’ information. Such as “name, password, and password hint” …Then click next.
6. Next, lock your PC…..and then click on the new user “Emmanuell” created and input the right password to gain access to the account.
7. With these steps aforementioned above, you are done!