Go Global Africa Grants For New Entrepreneurs
Go Global Africa Grants for New Entrepreneurs
Applications are now open for the Go Global Africa program with an aim to give the entrepreneurs from Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa who have developed products that are ready to go to market and raised investment the tools they need to grow their business globally, build links with the UK’s thriving digital sector and pave the way for future economic partnerships.
Go Global Africa is part of the UK Government’s Prosperity Fund Digital Access Programme led by the Department for International Development and is delivered in partnership with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport to help boost digital.
- Flights, accommodation and meals for both the in-country masterclass and the UK programme will be covered by the International Tech Hub Network.The Network will support and pay for applicants visa, although it is the participant’s responsibility to organise the application with sufficient time.
- The 15 most promising startups, as determined by in-country pitch events, will come to the UK in March. Here, they will benefit from a 5-day training programme designed to improve business skills and capability, build links with the UK’s thriving tech sector, and work with UK expertise to grow their business.Eligibility CriteriaApplications are open to tech startups from Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa who meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Work in one of the following four verticals: AgriTech, FinTech, HealthTech or Clean Energy
- Post-MVP stage, fully operating in market
- Can demonstrate a clear business model with evidence of customer traction
- Looking to raise their first round of funding
- Can demonstrate clear social impact potential
- Can demonstrate commitment to strengthen the local ecosystem by passing on learnings to other startups
- Ambition to expand internationally in the future.Apply by 3rd February.For more information and application details, see; Go Global Africa Grants for New Entrepreneurs