Earlier November, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) gave telecommunications operators in the country two weeks to block all SIM cards that are not registered with the National Identity Number (NIN).
Failure to do so will lead to your line being blocked or disconnected by the 31st of December 2020.
Below are few steps to link your phone number with your NIN
For MTN users, simply dial *785# and get it done in few seconds or
Visit https://www.mtnonline.com/nim/ using your phone or computer
Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.
Submit the form as soon as you’re done.
Wait for feedback from the network.
To link your NIN to your Airtel phone number, follow the steps below:
1. Dial *121*1# on the Airtel line you wish to link.
2. Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
3. Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
Wait for the message confirming your submission. If you get an error, just wait for some time and try again.
To link your NIN to your Glo phone number, follow the below steps:
1. SMS “UPDATENIN NIN FirstName LastName” and send it to 109.
Note: The NIN is your 11-digit national identity number.
For 9mobile Users
For 9mobile users, simply visit the nearest office of your service provider (9mobile) to register/link your NIN.
Just go along with NIN and your SIM pack. If you do not have your SIM pack, you probably should be prepared to swear an affidavit.
To be on the safer side, you can call your service provider’s customer care.
- NIN: Telecom Operators Issued NIMC Enrolment Licences
- 5 Best Hacking Software For Windows 2020
- How to Track Your Lost Android Phone Using IMEI Number
- MTN Lucky Number Service: All You Need to Know