OPEC Massive Recruitment 2021
Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is currently recruiting for the position of Head, Public Relations and Information Department which we will be walking you through the requirements and process of applying in this article.
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is an intergovernmental organization of 13 countries. Founded on 14 September 1960 in Baghdad by the first five members (Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Venezuela), it has since 1965 been headquartered in Vienna, Austria, although Austria is not an OPEC member state.
OPEC is recruiting to fill the positions below;
Job Title: Head, Public Relations and Information Department
Deadline: 19th November 2021
Job Code: 8.1.01
You may also want to read How To Apply For National Pension Commission Non-Interest Fund (Fund VI)
The Department is responsible for presenting OPEC objectives, decisions, and actions in their true and most desirable perspective; disseminating news of general interest regarding the Organization and the Member Countries on energy and related matters; and carrying out a central information programme and identifying suitable areas for the promotion of the Organization’s aims and image.
Objective of Position
- Plans organize, coordinate, manage, and evaluate the work of the Public Relation and Information Department in accordance with the work programme and budget of the Department so as to optimize its support to the Secretariat in achieving its objectives.
- The work aims at creating and maintaining a positive image of the Organization and at ensuring the dissemination of publications and journals at the highest professional standard.
1. Plans organizes, coordinates, manages and evaluates the work in the Public Relations & Information Department by:
- Suggesting ways and means of promoting the image of the Organization;
- Regularly dispatching information to the broad public through the media and disseminating information and news on OPEC;
- Informing and seeking dialogues with targeted policy-making bodies, institutions, and organizations;
- Identifying and strengthening avenues for dialogue between OPEC, other institutions, and the general public;
- Monitoring the media to evaluate public perception about the Organization, and recommending, where necessary, any misinformation about the Organization through the
- Director, Support Services Division to the Secretary-General;
- Ensuring that publications and public relations activities are fully consistent with the pursuit of OPEC aims and objectives, and policies, and of highest professional standard in terms of language, format, and layout;
- Updating and sustaining the OPEC website
2. Establishes and maintains close contacts with the media and arranges print, radio, TV, and internet interviews to promote the objective presentation of OPEC, its aims and objectives as well as the work of the Secretariat
3. Ensures full responses to requests by the Conference, BOG, and standing committees for studies and special reports relevant to the work program of the Department
4. Arranges presentations at relevant OPEC meetings and international forums representing the Secretariat as required
5. Develops and maintains networks with external experts and institutions in fields relating to the work of the Department
6. Keeps the Director, Support Services Division fully informed on all aspects of the work of the Department, and draws his attention to important analyses performed by it
7. Evaluates the performance of the staff of the Department, and recommends to the Director, Support Services Division of staff development, salary increase, promotion and separations as appropriate
8. Ensures that the staff of the Department receive the supervision and guidance necessary to broaden and deepen their skills and continuously improve their performance
9. Prepares the annual budget for the Department
10. Carries out any other tasks assigned to him/her by the Director, Support Services Division.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- Advanced university degree in Media Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, International Relations or relevant Social Sciences
- Ph.D. preferred.
- 12 years in journalism, information management, and/or public relations in the media or in an energy-related establishment with a minimum of 4 years in a managerial position, preferably at large national, regional, or international institutions
- Ph.D.: 10 years
- Knowledge of modern information practice and techniques
- Professional Management & Leadership
- Membership of a professional body (Public Relations or Journalism) is an advantage
- Knowledge of energy development issues is an asset
- Managerial & leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Decision-making skills
- Strategic orientation
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Negotiation skills
- Initiative and integrity
Status and Benefits
Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence, and impartiality.
The post is at grade B reporting to the Director, Support Services Division. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
How to Apply
To apply for the OPEC Massive Recruitment 2021, applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
Applicants are requested to fill in an application form which can be downloaded from the OPEC website.
In order for applications to be considered, they must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than 19 November 2021.
OPEC Massive Recruitment 2021