Commonwealth Foundation Grants Programme for Civil Society Organizations 2021/2022
The Commonwealth Foundation Grant Programme is for individuals in Civil Society Organization (CSO) based in an eligible Commonwealth member country.
If you meet the above requirement, then this grant programme is for you. The Foundation’s vision is of a Commonwealth of equal, just, and inclusive societies.
The Grants is targeted at Civil Society Organizations working on health, environment and climate change as well freedom of expression. It aims at supporting initiatives that encourage and lead to meaningful and constructive engagement between CSOs and government around policy and decision making relevant to these areas.
The Commonwealth Foundation welcomes submission of CSOs interested in applying for a grant in the thematic areas of health, environment and climate change and freedom of expression that would benefit from support for its expansion and/or continuation. The Foundation works to bring the voice of civil society into all aspects of governance, supporting civil society engagement in shaping the policies and decisions that affect people’s lives. The grant amount requested must e between £15,000 and £30,000 per year for a maximum of two years.
What You Need To Know About Commonwealth Foundation (CF)
The Commonwealth Foundation (CF) is an intergovernmental organisation that was established by the Commonwealth Heads of Government in 1966, a year after its sister organisation, the Commonwealth Secretariat. The Foundation is located at Marlborough House in London, a former royal palace which was assigned for the use of these Commonwealth institutions by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the Head of the Commonwealth.
Requirements for CommonWealth Foundation Grants Programme
- The applicant is a registered not-for-profit civil society organization.
- The CSO is registered in an eligible Commonwealth Foundation member country
- The proposed project must be implemented in the country of registration.
- Applicant has documented experience, over at least two years, working on participatory governance and advocacy within the proposed area/themes.
- Requested amount should not exceed 70% of the applicant organization’s total annual income.
- The project proposal must address at least one of the priority themes and demonstrate appropriate and meaningful integration of gender considerations.
Documents Required for Application
- The Application Form
- A logic model and activity timeline (completed using the template provided).
- A copy of the organization’s registration certificate.
- For grants of £15,000 per annum; a copy of the organization’s most recent audited accounts or annual accounts. Audited accounts should not be older than December 2019
- For grants of £15,001 and above per annum; a copy of the organization’s most recent audited accounts. Audited accounts should not be older than December 2019.
Deadline For Application
The deadline is November 30, 2021
You may also want to read Top 10 Grants In Nigeria – Requirements and How to Apply
How to Apply For Commonwealth Foundation Grants Programme
All Interested and qualified applicants should kindly go to Commonwealth Foundation (CF) grant website at commonwealthfoundation.com to apply
For more details,visit Commonwealth website