FG Commence Partial Payment to the Beneficiaries of 774,000 Jobs – Minister
According to Festus Keyamo, minister of state, labour and employment on his twitter page gave an update on the payment of the SPW stipends.
The SPW is one of the federal government initiative which kicked off in July 2020 to engage 774,000 unemployed youth in a short-term employment programme across Nigeria.
The full Details of the press released
- After the release of some of the funds by the Ministry of Finance for the payment of SPW stipends, I directed a rigorous scrutiny of the accounts of the participants before payments, the tweet read.
- We discovered instances of accounts not matching BVNs, multiple accounts bearing a single BVN, non-existent BVNs, etc.
- The minister said in a bid to eliminate fraud, he directed the National Directorates of Employment (NDE) to write to commercial banks to investigate the issue before commencing payments.
- So far, only ACCESS Bank has responded with accounts verified for payments and the NDE has today commenced payments of those accounts with ACCESS Bank.
- We await the responses of ZENITH, UBA, FCMB, FIDELITY, HERITAGE & Yobe Micro-Finance Banks to clean up the anomalies.
- Our determination to ensure those selected for this programme get paid to assist them in these tough times is also matched by our determination to ensure that the programme does not spiral into a vehicle for fraud; not under the watch of Mr. President; not under my watch.
FG Commence Partial Payment to the Beneficiaries of 774,000 Jobs