African Development Bank Virtual Internship Program 2022
The African Development Bank is now accepting applications from young individuals in Côte d’Ivoire for its 2022 Virtual Internship Program which is aimed at providing students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
About African Development Bank
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 81 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten-Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely: energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Internship program is part of a wider Talent Management Framework that facilitates the Bank to deliver on the Ten-Year Strategy and the High 5s.
You may also want to read IMF Youth Fellowship Program 2022 | Apply by August 21
The broad objectives of the program are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
However, applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the Bank.
Fields of Study Required for the Internship
- The fields of study from which interns are selected must be within the job families of the Bank, particularly Economics, Agriculture, Private Sector Development, Human Capital Development (Education and Health), Environment, Finance, Infrastructure Development, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Communications, Law, Internal Audit, Budget, Governance or any other field of study that the Bank may deem relevant to its operations.
- Special consideration shall be given to students who are working on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
Timeline for Session 2 of the 2022 Internship Program
Session 2 of the 2022 Internship Program will run from August 2022 through December 2022.
Terms and Conditions
- Internships shall be granted to each candidate for a period not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. The internship is authorized only once for any candidate.
- Due to the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic, interns shall not be required to travel to the duty station. The internship shall be done remotely from the interns’ respective locations. As such, interns are expected to have access to a personal computer, reliable internet connection and a conducive living environment that facilitates smooth and uninterrupted remote working.
- In a few cases, and especially where the duties and responsibilities to be assigned to interns cannot be performed remotely, the Bank may approve on-site internships on an exceptional basis. In such instances:
- interns shall be responsible for their air travel (in case of) to and from the Bank’s location as well as their upkeep.
- only interns who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 shall be authorized to access Bank’s office premises.
- the Bank will use reasonable efforts to assist the concerned interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas.
- Eligible Interns will benefit from medical insurance coverage paid by the Bank during the period of their internship.
- Eligible interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
To be eligible for an internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have attained the age of majority in their country of nationality or origin and be not more than Thirty (30) years old at the time of commencement of the internship program.
- Be currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program in a recognized public or private educational institution of higher learning.
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
- Be nationals of the Member Countries of the African Development Bank.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above-mentioned Degree. Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’s two working languages (English or French).
- Being able to use the Bank’s standard software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); knowledge of SAP is desirable.
Strategic Focus Areas
The specific disciplines and specialist professional areas are aligned to the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) and the gender strategy. In addition to the fields that are in the job families of the Bank, the focus will be on the following areas:
- Power, Energy, Climate, and Green Growth
- Agriculture, Human & Social Development
- Private Sector, Infrastructure, and Industrialization
- Economics, Statistics
- Governance and Knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Services & Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-Corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
- Environmental and Social Assessment
You may also want to read Vivo Energy Internships 2022 for Students and Recent Graduates
Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
The Bank is running two (2) internship sessions during the year 2022. Selection for session 1 of the 2022 internship program has been finalized and the interns are already on board. This announcement, therefore, is for session 2 which will run from august 2022 through December 2022.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct [email protected](link sends e-mail)
Apply for this position
1. Regular Staff
If you are currently working at the African Development Bank as a regular staff, click on the button below to apply for this position. Apply for this position(link is external)
2. External Candidate
If you are not currently working at the African Development Bank, or if you are a Short Term Staff (STS), a Technical Assistant, or a Consultant at the Bank, click on the button below to apply for the position. Apply for this position(link is external)
USA Visa Sponsorship Jobs 2023 To Apply | Application Ongoing
Happy Nigeria Independence Day Messages And Wishes 2022
100+ Happy New Month Wishes And Messages For October 2022
Week 13 Pool Result For Saturday 1st October 2022 – Pool Tips
8 Strategies To Grow Your Business With A Loan
NECO Result Checker Portal 2022 | result.neco.gov.ng
EPL Game Week 9 Full Fixtures And Predictions 2022/2023
Dollar To Naira Today Black Market Rate 30th September 2022
Latest ASUU Strike Update For Today 30th September 2022
Npower Latest News On August Stipend For Today Friday 30th September 2022
Tips2 years ago
Best Android VPN Apps in 2020 (Full List)
How To11 months ago
How To Migrate To Airtel RCCG Plan 2021 – All You Need To Know
Tips2 years ago
Difference and Similarities Between Glo Yakata and Glo Berekete Tarrif Plans
Business & Loans8 months ago
Nirsal Microfinance Bank Sends Important Notice To NIB Applicants
Business & Loans8 months ago
NMFB AGSMEIS SME Loan Online Assessment Test Questions & Answers
News8 months ago
JAMB Announces Official Date For 2022 UTME Registration
Business & Loans8 months ago
Latest NPower News For Today Monday 24th January 2022
News9 months ago
WAEC GCE 2022 Registration Form Instructions and Guidelines