Through its flagship Entrepreneurship Programme the Foundation empowers African entrepreneurs and the entrepreneurship ecosystem across 54 African countries. The TEF training curriculum has been designed to segment entrepreneurs based on the demonstrated capability and knowledge.
The training has been tailored to educate and capacitise you in starting or growing your business to overcome the challenges faced by entrepreneurs across the African continent. The curriculum focuses on practical, iterative learning that is useful even long after the training period.
Aim and Benefits of TEF Entrepreneurship Programme
The Entrepreneurship Programme identifies outstanding African entrepreneurs who have start-ups or business ideas with the potential to grow. The TEF Entrepreneurship Programme will be delivered in different phases as listed below:
- Application Phase
- Training &Mentorship Phase
- Business Plan Submission Phase
- Pitching Phase
- Seed Capital Phase
Once shortlisted and placed in the appropriate training path, you will be eligible to take part in our rigorous business training and mentoring sessions. There will be multiple choice questions to track your performance. You will attend a virtual orientation program to learn more about the process and we will share timelines and resources available for you to succeed. The shortlisted entrepreneurs will be given access to join the peer-to-peer support groups.
- Shortlisted entrepreneurs will be expected to complete the business training, answer the quiz at each end of each module.
- The shortlisted applicants after the training will be given the opportunity to develop a BUSINESS PLAN
Requirements for TEF Entrepreneurship Programme Qualification
All applicants are expected to:
- Complete all mandatory fields in the online application form on TEFConnect.
- Submit the form
- Attach all the requested documents (valid identity card and photo headshot) and upload the required documents
- Expect Foundation comments.
The deadline is March 31, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Tony Elumelu Foundation on tefconnect.net to apply
The application form consists of four parts:
- Personal information
- Commercial information
- Cognitive assessment
- Declaration section
To ensure a transparent application process, all applicants will need to have a valid government issued ID and indicate their name on the application form on TEFConnect exactly as it appears on the ID card.
For more details, visit TEF website