What is Java Path
The java path is the system variable that your operating system uses to locate needed executables from the command line or terminal window.
The following steps below describes how to set the java path in your pc.
1. Locate and press the windows key on your keyboard.
2. On the “search windows” dialogue box type “This PC” and click on it when it pops up.
3. Navigate and left-click on the “computer-properties-icon” at the top left corner of your screen.
4. Scroll and click on “Advanced system settings”
5. The “system properties” dialogue box will appear, scroll, and left-click on “Environment variables”.
6. Then ensure “PATH” is selected and left-click on “NEW”.
7. A new user variable dialogue box will pop-up; enter the “variable name” e.g. JAVA_PATH
8. Then select “variable value” from the “browse directory” and navigate to C:Program FilesJavajdk (the java version)bin……then click “OK” all through.
9. Then Reopen your command prompt or windows terminal, and type javac -version to check the version of Java you installed.