How To Easily Set Up A GoFundMe Account And Start Raising Money
Welcome to Flippstack, in this article, we will be sharing with you how you can easily create GoFundMe Account and start raising money for your needs, so you are at the right place, keep reading.
What is GoFundMe?
GoFundMe is the world’s largest crowdfunding platform with a community of more than 50 million donors and over $9 billion raised so far. GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives.
With GoFundMe, it’s easy to raise funds for yourself, your family, or for the causes, you are most passionate about. This can include anything from medical expenses, education costs, trips & aspirations, volunteer programs, youth sports, funerals & memorials, or animals and pets. Donors from all over the world can securely donate using any major credit or debit card.
GoFundMe provides an easy way to raise money from your friends, family, and online community. Our platform makes it simple to share your fundraiser in a variety of ways to bring in donations, track your progress, and post updates to engage your community.
You may also want to read SMEDAN BOA Matching Fund Loan (Get Upto N5m)
What You Need To Know Before Setting Up GoFundMe in Nigeria
Currently, GoFundMe is accessible in 19 different countries. Although it is not yet available in Nigeria, you can still use the site to generate funds by asking a person in one of the supported countries to do so on your behalf. This third party can assist you in setting up your fundraising and can even add you as a beneficiary so you can keep tabs on its progress.
How To Easily Set Up A GoFundMe Account
Below are easy steps to set up a GoFundMe Account:
Step #1: Starting with the Basics
Where do you live?
- Enter the location as the country of the bank account receiving the funds. This will also determine the currency collected.
What are you fundraising for?
- Choosing a category is just a way to help other people to find your fundraiser, so you can select whichever seems closest to your situation.
Step #2: Visit The GoFundMe Website To Create an Account
First, click “Start a GoFundMe” from our homepage.
When you click “Start a GoFundMe”, they will automatically prompt you to sign in or sign up for a GoFundMe account. If you already have a GoFundMe account, please use the option of signing in. Otherwise, you can enter your name, email address, and password to create a new account!
Please note: that the name you enter when creating your account is the name that will be displayed on the fundraiser page.
For our customers who no longer use their legal name, whether, for safety or personal reasons, you can enter your chosen name here, and it won’t affect the name entered for purposes of setting up withdrawals.
Step #3: Set Your Fundraising Goal
The amount you want to raise should be reflected in your objective. You might want to set your target a little higher than what you need because there will be a transaction fee for each gift when you set your goal. In this post, you can read more about setting goals.
The following are some critical details regarding your goal amount:
- You always have the choice to change your goal.
- You won’t need to accomplish your objective to get paid.
- When you meet your target, your fundraiser won’t finish immediately.
Step #4: Adding a Personal Cover Photo or Video
The success of fundraisers is typically higher when they incorporate a personal photograph or video to highlight the person, animal or cause that the funds are being raised. Please bear the following in mind whether you select a snapshot or a video:
- You must be authorized to post and distribute the image or video.
- The image needs to be of high quality.
- The suggested photo size is 720 x 405 in JPEG, PNG, or BMP.
YouTube hosting is required for the video.
Ensure that Public is selected.
Step #5: Talk About Your Story
You must first come up with a title for your fundraising. Your opportunity to be seen is now. Use names or a call to action to create a title that is specific to your cause. e.g The impact of “Help Kelly smile again” is greater than “funds for the dentist,” for instance. Make sure it fits because it must be 35 characters or less!
A fantastic story will be honest, descriptive, and include some information about the author, the cause for which they are raising money, and the intended use of the cash. It’s a good idea to mention how you know the beneficiary if you’re collecting money on their behalf.
Click “Complete fundraising” when you are finished writing your story, or “Save” if you want to make changes later.
Step #6: Finalize Your Fundraiser
Your campaign is online and available to accept donations as soon as you click “Complete fundraiser”!
Step #7: Your fundraiser is ready – Let’s start getting donations
While you can start receiving donations right away, no one will be aware that your fundraiser is active until you start spreading the word about it. The greatest method to ensure the success of your fundraising is to spread the word to as many communities as you can.
Here we will be walking you through some social media platforms you can share your fundraiser to gain awareness.
- Social media: You can use this page to connect your GoFundMe to a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Messenger, Twitter, and WhatsApp. You can also copy your fundraiser link here so that you have it ready to send to people.
- Email: You can import your contacts to GoFundMe and use this page to send emails.
- In-person: You can use your custom link to share your fundraiser over text message, on posters and printouts, when speaking to your community, and as part of presentations. There are countless ways to get the word out using your link!
Keep in mind that sharing is essential to receiving donations on GoFundMe. It is unlikely that you will receive donations if you don’t let your friends, family, and neighborhood know about your event. You may learn more about the various sharing possibilities in the “Fundraiser success recommendations” section of our Help Center. Using your personal network can help you achieve your goal. How To Easily Set Up A GoFundMe Account
You may also want to read 6 Easy Steps To Avoid Loan Rejection
Step #8: Invite team members
Last but not least is inviting your team members. Adding team members to your fundraiser can make it more successful. Team fundraisers have been shown to raise up to 3x more funds, and team members:
- Can help spread the word
- Can post updates and thank donors
- Cannot transfer funds or edit the story
Enter your team member’s email addresses and click “send invite” to ask them to join your team. Your fundraiser is now live, and you’re ready to raise funds. How To Easily Set Up A GoFundMe Account
Some Frequently Asked Questions
Is GoFundMe in Nigeria?
GoFundMe is available in 19 different countries. Although it is not yet available in Nigeria
What Can I Use GoFundMe Account For?
- GoFundMe is a crowdfunding service that allows people to donate money to people in need. Unlike donations to organizations, the funds go directly to the campaign owner.
- GoFundMe can be used for almost anything. GoFundMe can also be used to raise funds for your favorite charity.
- Most people use GoFundMe to raise funds for themselves, a loved one, or a friend who is in need during one of life’s most important moments.
- You can also use GoFundMe to pay for exorbitant medical bills, people with disabilities have used it to raise funds for a variety of other needs, including Mobility products, like wheelchairs and walkers, Accessible transportation, like wheelchair vans and van conversions, Updates and modifications to their homes, Financial assistance paying other bills
How much does it cost to set up a GoFundMe?
The company charges a 0% Platform Fee for organizers. GoFundMe only charges 2.9% transaction fees + $0.30 per donation including debit and credit card charges.
What are the GoFundMe Alternative in Nigeria?
GoFundMe is not available in Nigeria, below are the alternatives to use
Federal Mortgage Bank NHF Loan 2022 Application Form (Upto 15M)
INEC Recruitment Application 2022/2023 | pres.inecnigeria.org
Dollar To Naira Today Black Market Rate 27th November 2022
SMEDAN Sterling Bank Matching Fund Programme 2023 – Apply Here
Direct Link To Check NJFP Full List of 20,000 Shortlisted Fellows
Dollar To Naira Today Black Market Rate 26th November 2022
Npower Latest News On August Stipend For Today Saturday 26th November 2022
Week 21 Pool Result For Saturday 26th November 2022 – Pool Tips
Digital Economy Employability Programme 2022 Application Form
Dollar To Naira Today Black Market Rate 25th November 2022
Tips2 years ago
Best Android VPN Apps in 2020 (Full List)
How To1 year ago
How To Migrate To Airtel RCCG Plan 2021 – All You Need To Know
Tips2 years ago
Difference and Similarities Between Glo Yakata and Glo Berekete Tarrif Plans
Business & Loans10 months ago
Nirsal Microfinance Bank Sends Important Notice To NIB Applicants
Business & Loans10 months ago
NMFB AGSMEIS SME Loan Online Assessment Test Questions & Answers
News10 months ago
JAMB Announces Official Date For 2022 UTME Registration
Business & Loans10 months ago
Latest NPower News For Today Monday 24th January 2022
News11 months ago
WAEC GCE 2022 Registration Form Instructions and Guidelines