How To Easily Buy MTN Nigeria Shares (Full Guide)
It’s no longer news that the biggest telecommunication company in Nigeria, MTN Nigeria is offering its retail investors up to 575 million shares. In this article, we will be giving you a full guide on how you can easily get your hands on the share.
The sale of the share which is valued at N169.00 per share will run from Wednesday, 1 December 2021 to Tuesday, 14 December 2021.
You may also want to read Five (5) Federal Government Business Grants That Application is Currently Ongoing in 2021
Objective Of The MTN Nigeria Shares
The Offer is in line with MTN Group’s commitment to reduce its shareholding in MTN Nigeria from 78.8% to 65% over time and to provide as many Nigerian retail investors as possible with an opportunity to own shares in MTN Nigeria.
Requirements To Buy The MTN Nigeria Shares
1. Buyer must be above 18 years of age in order to be eligible to buy the MTN shares.
2. Buyer must apply for a minimum of 20 shares and multiples of 20 shares thereafter, meaning that the minimum shares an individual can purchase are 20 shares.
3. Buyer must have a valid BVN to register and submit an application on PrimaryOffer.
4. Buyer must have a Clearing House Number (CHN) and Central Securities Clearing System (CSCS) account.
How To Buy MTN Nigeria Shares
Below are simple steps on how to buy MTN Nigeria Shares
1. First, you have to fill the MTN Public Offer Indication of Interest form.
2. Download the Primary Offer app from the Google Play store or the Apple iOS store to your smartphone. The app is made by Chapel Hill Denham.
3. Next to do after downloading the app is to create an account using your bank verification number and date of birth.
4. Next is to validate your account which you will be asked to enter your security code (OTP) that was sent to your email address after creating your account.
5. After you are done with your account creation, you will receive a congratulatory message on your device, then next thing to do is to Login with your email and password to access your dashboard.
6. On your dashboard, click on MTN Nigeria offer, accept the terms and conditions and click on purchase
7. Next is to input the number of shares you want to buy but remember the minimum is 20 shares, so one share cost N169. So for the minimum number of shares, you would need N3,380.
8. After selecting the number of shares to buy, click on “pay now”. Then the app will prompt you to enter a Central Securities Clearing System (CSCS) account number. If you don’t have a CSCS account, indicate by clicking “No” when the app asks if you have a CSCS account. The app will now help you set up your CSCS account and allow you to process payment for the shares.
9. Then, if you have a CSCS account already, enter the account number and your clearinghouse number (CHN). After this, you update your bank details, where your dividends will likely be paid then you click on “pay now”.
You may also want to read Five (5) Federal Government Loan Programmes That Application is Currently Ongoing in 2021
10. Next is to select if you are paying with your Card, USSD, or Transfer and pay for the shares. Note, there that bank charges will be added, bringing your N3,380 to N3,418.
11. Once you are done paying, you will receive details of your payment in your email. Following approval by SEC, your shares would be allotted in less than 15 days. Going with these steps, you easily become an MTN shareholder.