How to Apply for NYSC Loan, Requirements & Eligibility
If you are a corper currently serving or an ex-corper with intention of starting up a business but no capital. Then this article is for you because i will be walking you through on how you can apply for the NYSC business loan.
Before we continue, check out on the latest news on Npower, just click here NPower Latest News For Today Monday May 10th, 2021
This is an opportunity from the CBN with the aim of helping youths to apply for loans in Nigeria to startup a business. The loan is been paid through Heritage Bank, in partnership with Youth Innovative Entrepreneurship Development Programme. (YIEDP).
Individuals can apply for loans of up to 3 million, while a group of three to five persons can apply for loans of up to 10 Million. The following explains how you can apply for the NYSC loan.
How to know if you are eligible for a NYSC loan?
In order to qualify for the NYSC loan, the following must apply to you.
- Only applicants within the ages of 18 and 35 can apply.
- Applicants must be serving corps members
- Ex corp members not more than five years of post NYSC can also apply for the loan.
- Present and have a business idea.
The loans are available to specific business sectors. The following listed fields are the qualified business sectors for the NYSC loan.
- Food Processing
- Power & Energy
- Film & Photography
- Cottage Industry
- Construction Support
- Technology (ICT)
- Education Financing
- Information and Communication Technology
- and other fields
How to apply for NYSC loan
If you’re a serving corps member or an ex corp member of not more than five years, you can apply for the loan online. Take note of the following information before you apply for your business loan.
- All qualified applicants can apply for the loan through the official portal.
- You’ll need to use your NYSC state code to apply for the loan.
- An individual is eligible for loans of up to three million
- A group application is eligible for loans of ten million.
- Applicants can only submit one business idea at a time.
- The application progress can be tracked through the portal.
What do you need to apply for NYSC loan?
Apart from meeting the above requirements to qualify for the NYSC loan, you need the following list of documents as collateral for the loan.
The Heritage Bank NYSC loan scheme requires the following documents as collateral to obtain the loan.
- Tertiary Institution Certificate
- NYSC discharge certificate or you pledge your discharge certificate if you’re still serving
- Any legal ownership of assets financed by other banks
The possibility of starting a business as a youth can be daunting without the required capital. The NYSC loan is a good scheme that youths can count on to generate the required funds for their business ideas.