Federal Government Approves Survival Fund Payment For Nigerians for 155,000 transporters.
The Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment, Mariam Katagum, on Monday said since the enumeration of the first set of beneficiaries on January 17, 2021, a total of 155,920 beneficiaries in the transport track of the Federal Government’s Survival Fund have been approved for payment.
According to a statement by the Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande, the minister disclosed this at two separate virtual interactive sessions Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo had with the beneficiaries.
The statement read, “The Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment, Mariam Katagum, said since the enumeration of the first set of beneficiaries on January 17, 2021, a total of 155,920 beneficiaries in the transport track have so far been approved for payment while 9,109 pending cases are being processed for payment.
“The minister added that the balance to be enumerated is about 19,689 but noted that only 22 per cent of female beneficiaries in the track were reached because of the peculiar nature of the transportation business.”
According to the statement, the minister noted that the education sector alone had about 850,000 applications during the one week the survival portal was reopened, compared to about half of the number when the portal was first opened for six weeks.
She was further quoted as saying that so far, 43 per cent of the Survival Fund beneficiaries were females.