Are you an SME seeking to scale your social impact project with the right tech talent? Or a developer ready to kickstart your career?
The UK- Nigeria Tech Hub and Decagon are recruiting and pairing shortlisted SMEs with 100 vetted software engineers to help build web apps while they gain experience.
This will boost Nigeria’s digital economy by placing recent graduates of Nigerian software Bootcamp in selected SMEs in the country for a 3-month period.
Aim and Benefits of UK- Nigeria Tech Hub and Decagon Digital Upskill Program
- BRIDGING THE GAP: DevPlacement is an initiative of the UK-Nigeria Tech Hub in partnership with Nigeria’s leading software engineering institute, Decagon. With the pilot phase set to kick off in 2021, it aims to bridge the gap between developers & SMEs.
- 3-MONTHS PAID INTERNSHIP: In the program’s pilot phase, up to 100 top-tier software engineering talent will be screened and paired with multiple selected SMEs in need of digital enablement, for a 3-month paid internship period.
- BOOST DIGITAL ECONOMY: DevPlacement is in line with the vision of UK-Nigeria Tech Hub and Decagon Institute’s commitment to usher Nigeria into a new age of tech-powered prosperity by boosting the country’s digital economy.
Requirements for UK- Nigeria Tech Hub and Decagon Digital Upskill Program Qualification
- FOR DEVELOPERS: All software engineers that intends to apply for the program must have graduated from a recognised software engineering institute in Nigeria.
- FOR SMEs: To be eligible, you should have a social-impact project or product that needs developers to either scale or improve on existing features. You must also have a senior engineer on your dev team.
The deadline is January 15, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to UK- Nigeria Tech Hub on decagonhq.com to apply
- SMEs with social impact and software engineers ready to intern will sign up to join the program. Application is open between Jan 6th – 15th. Sign up now
- A rigorous selection exercise will produce 100+ shortlisted SMEs and software developers will be invited to participate in the DevPlacement screening exercise.
- Successful participants will get into the DevPlacement Bootcamp where they will undergo relevant training in preparation for the programme.
- After the Bootcamp, selected developers will be placed in shortlisted SMEs for a 3-month paid internship period during which Devs will work on live projects
For more details, visit UK Tech Hub website