How to Know Who Called You When Your Phone Was Off
On many occasions we have experience issue of our phone shutting down when we are expecting important calls either from a business partner or our loved ones due to low battery, out of network coverage or sometimes we deliberately switch it off when we don’t want distractions from calls. During this period, it will be nice to know those that might have called us. In this article I will be showing you how you can configure your SIM card so you can know who called you when your phone is off.
MTN, Etisalat and Airtel has made provision for us to know those that might have called us when our phone is down. In MTN it is termed “MTN Missed Call Notification”, Etisalat it is called “Missed Call Notification” and Airtel “Missed Call Alert”.
How to Know Who Called When Phone is Off (MTN, Airtel, Etisalat)
Below are the full details on how to subscribe to this service on MTN, Airtel and Etisalat, so you can know who called you when your phone is off.
How to Activate MTN Missed Call Notification
- Text “MCN” to 131 and you will get a notification saying “You have successfully subscribed to Missed Call Alert for free”.
- Text “NOMCN” to 131 and you will get a notification saying “You have successfully unsubscribed from Missed Call Alert”.
That’s all you need to subscribe and unsubscribe to this service on MTN.
How to Activate Etisalat Missed Call Notification
- To activate to this service on Etisalat, dial *229*269*1# and you will get a message notifying you that you have successfully activated to Missed Call Notification service.
- To deactivate, just dial *229*269*0# and will also get a notification that you have successfully deactivated to the service.
Note: This service is only available for EasyStarter Tariff subscribers.
How to Activate Airtel Missed Call Alert
- To activate to this service in Airtel, dial *100*11*7#. You can also use *100#, select 11 for More option, then select Missed Call Alert which is option 7.
Note: Dialing *100# will also give you an option to Activate and Deactivate from the Missed Call Alert service.
Activating to this service it will enable you know who called you when your phone is off. You will receive an SMS when your phone is switched on, notifying you the mobile number, time & date of those that called you. On Airtel, the caller will also be sent an SMS notifying him/her that the number they tried to call is now available. So they can choose to call back or not.
- Top New Airtel Data Plans 2020: Prices and Activation Code
- Top Features in Android 11 That You Need to Know
- MTN Social Bundle 2020: Price, Activation Codes and All you Need to Know
- How to Enable Screen Saver on Windows 10, 8 and 7