How to Get Zip/Postal Code for Your Location in Nigeria
If you have ever filled online forms, you should be familiar with Zip/Postal Codes because it is one of the vital field to be filled. It is usually marked as ‘required’ in online forms which means you must not skip the field because it helps the admin of the page to capture the actual location you are visiting from.
In this article, I will be showing you how to get zip/postal codes of your state/city in Nigeria. So if you are looking for such information, you don’t need to search further because you are at the right place but before we go into that, let us have an insight of what zip/postal code is all about.
What is Zip/Postal Code
ZIP code is an abbreviation for Zone Improvement Plan Code and it is also known as Postal code or post code in some countries. It is a series of letters or digits (usually six digits) added to a postal address for the purpose of sorting mail. Its main purpose is to enable post offices sort mails for easier and faster delivery.
How to Get Zip/Postal Code for your Location in Nigeria
In order for Nigerians to get their postal code easily, the Nigeria Postal Service has provided an online portal where you can easily go and get the postal code for your Town, City or State. Follow the below steps to get your postal code;
- Go to the Nigeria Postal Service Portal at nigeriapostcode.com.ng
- You can Chose to Search By Urban Location or Search By Rural Location
- For Urban Location you will be asked to select your State, Town, Area and Street while for Rural Location, you will be asked to select your State, LGA, District and Town
3. After choosing your information, click on GET POSTCODE
4. Your Nigeria Zip Code will be displayed alongside a google map showing your location.
List of Zip / Postal Codes For States in Nigeria
Below are list of Nigeria States and their Zip codes for quick reference.
- 40+ Secret Codes to Unlock Android Smartphone Hidden Features
- How to Compress Folders or Files to a Zip Archive in Your Windows
- How to Track Your Lost Android Phone Using IMEI Number
- Top New Airtel Data Plans 2020: Prices and Activation Code
- TECNO Lauches its Pouvoir 4 Series in Nigeria